Bucks Party Ideas in Australia
Dos and Don’ts in Planning a Bucks Party
Here’s a scenario for you: it’s the weekend before your best bud’s wedding, and it’s time for the much-awaited bucks party you are tasked to organise. You’ve been working on this awesome bucks party idea in your head for weeks only to find out that there are mishaps with the transportation, miscommunication with the food and drinks, and a last-minute cancellation of the strippers. You are now left with almost nothing going right and no clue as to how you’re going to turn this around.
It’s understandable, planning a party is hard. You have to think of bucks party ideas, themes, locations, activities, games, and all that jazz. Organising a bucks party is also super stressful, as it is up to you to make sure that the last few hours of your mates' free life are memorable.
What is a Bucks Party anyway?
For all those who don’t know, a Bucks Party is an Australian term and an Aussie tradition that refers to a party for the men and by the men, celebrating the bachelor life of the groom-to-be before tying the knot with his future wife. In other countries, it is also known as a bachelor party, a bull’s party, or a stag party.
It’s an all-men gathering that sometimes involves everyone dressing up in weird, crazy costumes or drinking like there’s no tomorrow. It may also include gambling, strippers, pranks, and all kinds of exciting games and activities that bring fun and happiness to the future groom.
It’s a time for the guys to go crazy, have fun, and relive the high school and college moments of mischief and wild parties! Some guys even say that they tease the groom-to-be and show him all the things he will be missing out once he gets married — chugging beers, harmless flirting, boys night out, girls, hookups, and a lot more!
Planning a Successful Bucks Party
When it comes to party planning, there are a number of things and people to think about. There’s food, booze, strippers, games, location, accommodation, and the guest list. It’s an undeniable fact that it can be a tad bit overwhelming, so here’s an ultimate party planning guide of do’s and don’ts in a bucks party!
DON’T go for safe and boring options.
DO pick bold, but safe choices.
Unless it’s your style to be so chill, a bonfire or indoor go karting is so last decade. It’s something you can do even if you’re already married. Think bigger and upgrade these plans! Go for outdoor rave parties and reserve a VIP table, try go-karting on a real outdoor track, you can book a resthouse with a pool, or have a friendly match of real life counter strike, laser tag, or paintball.
Just a heads up, you don’t want the groom and anyone included in the entourage to be injured
so also remember to keep safe! Let’s try to avoid a groom in crutches, yeah?
DON’T go too far, in terms of location.
DO choose a nearby location that does not require more than 3 hours to get to.
Sometimes, you don’t need to travel great lengths to be able to have the time of your lives. There are undoubtedly a bunch of exciting things to do in your area, or at least just an hour or two away without needing to book a flight. Plus, you don’t need the additional stress of last minute changes in the mode of transportation (plane, boat, car ride). Instead of a smooth sailing celebration, it has already become shaky before it even started.
You could try exploring Melbourne or Sydney and look for bucks party ideas around the area. Various establishments have what it takes to be the next party bucks place for you and your mates.
DON’T forget food.
DO go somewhere nice to eat or bring in the best food to the party.
Surely, everyone would agree that food is important. You can’t not have food in any party or event, right? It’s one of the things that people love to bond over! Eating, drink, and chatting is the ultimate combo to having a good night which is why it’s important to have good food in a bucks party. Also, you’re gonna need a full meal to get through a crazy night head.
DON’T just wing it.
DO have a solid plan for the bucks party.
When it comes to organising events and parties, it’s usually the women who get the lead and the men typically follow. However, in a situation like this, the guys have no choice but to step it up since it’s a no-girls-allowed kind of thing. Having a plan is essential. You have to think about a theme, — if there is — the guest list and invites, the food and drinks, the strippers for entertainment, etc.
Here’s an additional tip: always have a backup plan! It’s not all the time that things go as smoothly as planned. Think smart and think ahead, make a plan B just in case an emergency comes up. For example, the first location you chose is already booked, that’s okay because you have another location waiting for your confirmation. If you’re scheduled strippers can’t come, you don’t have to freak out because you already called another group of girls who might be available. Trust me; you don’t wanna skip this tip.
Themes and Bucks Party Decorations
Bucks party themes could be heroes or villains wherein everyone would dress like their favourite character in the DC or Marvel films. It could be like a poker night much like The Great Gatsby type of thing where the guys can gamble in the rolling roulette and get the chance to go all in with poker. After choosing a theme, you can now move on and think about the decorations which you can buy in a bucks party shop somewhere. Make sure to stick with the theme while remembering that it’s still a bucks party for the groom.
Bucks Party Activities
Here are a few activity ideas for your bucks party!
● Casino / Poker Night – Celebrate the groom’s last bachelor moments by having a poker party or a casino night filled with gambling, sexy waitresses, poker games, rolling roulettes, etc.!
It’s a great way to bond with your mates and laugh off all the terrible decisions made during the night and have an unforgettable memory to look back to.
● Outdoor Activities – As recreation and lifestyle has become a trend, more and more outdoor activities have become available for the public to enjoy. As mentioned earlier, there’s outdoor karting which gives you the adrenaline and excitement as you drive fast on the track, paintballing, gun firing, hiking, camping, etc. Just keep in mind: safety first. Let’s try not to injure anyone before the wedding!
● Wet ‘n Wild – Bring on the togs & budgie smugglers and take the fun into the water! You could go to the beach or book a house with a pool and bring on the booze and games. There are endless choices of beach and pool activities, as well as bucks party drinking games to bring life to the party! Beach volleyball, pool chicken fights, chug sessions, truth or dare, fun challenges and a lot more.
● Rave All Night – Drink and rave all night with your friends and have the ultimate bachelor experience! Let the groom make the best out of the last moments of bachelorhood because it might be more challenging to go out clubbing and having a guys night out when you’re a married man. Cheers to cold drinks, loud beats, fun & dancing all night! Just brace yourself for a banging hangover the next day, yikes!
● Booze Cruise – Nothing beats lounging on the deck with a beer in your hand and surrounded by your friends in an important moment in your life. Not to mention the calming sound of the water and the cool breeze of the wind! If a cruise is too much for you, check out some yachts for rent and rent that one out instead. Plus points for a picturesque view!
DON’T post anything on social media.
DO cherish the moment and be physically and mentally present.
What happens at a bucks party, stays at the bucks party. Don’t document everything about the night and do not do things just for the sake of social media. Maybe a nice group shot before the crazy shenanigans happen would suffice. Putting the memories to heart and mind is what matters, so just remember to live in the moment.
Don’t forget to have fun, cherish the moments, and live in the now. One day, you all will look back at this moment and laugh until your stomachs ache as you relive the fooling around that happened that weekend before the wedding.
Well, there you have it, the ultimate guide of turning your bucks party ideas into a reality! From helpful dos and don’ts to bucks party ideas, you’re well on your way to giving the groom an awesome and memorable bucks party.