Five Dos and Don’ts in Planning a Bucks Party
Here’s a scenario for you: it’s the weekend before your best bud’s wedding, and it’s time for the much-awaited bucks party you are tasked to organise. You’ve been working on this awesome bucks party idea in your head for weeks only to find out that there are mishaps with the transportation, miscommunication with the food and drinks, and a last-minute cancellation of the strippers. You are now left with almost nothing going right and no clue as to how you’re going to turn this around.
1. DON’T go for safe and boring options.
DO pick bold, but safe choices.
Just a heads up, you don’t want the groom and anyone included in the entourage to be injured
so also remember to keep safe! Let’s try to avoid a groom in crutches, yeah?
2. DON’T go too far, in terms of location.
DO choose a nearby location that does not require more than 3 hours to get to.
Sometimes, you don’t need to travel great lengths to be able to have the time of your lives. There are undoubtedly a bunch of exciting things to do in your area, or at least just an hour or two away without needing to book a flight. Plus, you don’t need the additional stress of last minute changes in the mode of transportation (plane, boat, car ride). Instead of a smooth sailing celebration, it has already become shaky before it even started.
3. DON’T forget food.
DO go somewhere nice to eat or bring in the best food to the party.
Surely, everyone would agree that food is important. You can’t not have food in any party or event, right? It’s one of the things that people love to bond over! Eating, drink, and chatting is the ultimate combo to having a good night which is why it’s important to have good food in a bucks party. Also, you’re gonna need a full meal to get through a crazy night head.
4. DON’T just wing it.
DO have a solid plan for the bucks party.
When it comes to organising events and parties, it’s usually the women who get the lead and the men typically follow. However, in a situation like this, the guys have no choice but to step it up since it’s a no-girls-allowed kind of thing. Having a plan is essential. You have to think about a theme, — if there is — the guest list and invites, the food and drinks, the strippers for entertainment, etc.
Here’s an additional tip: always have a backup plan! It’s not all the time that things go as smoothly as planned. Think smart and think ahead, make a plan B just in case an emergency comes up. For example, the first location you chose is already booked, that’s okay because you have another location waiting for your confirmation. If your scheduled strippers can’t come, you don’t have to freak out because you already called another group of girls who might be available. Trust me; you don’t wanna skip this tip.
Themes and Bucks Party Decorations
Bucks party themes could be heroes or villains wherein everyone would dress like their favourite character in the DC or Marvel films. It could be like a poker night much like The Great Gatsby type of thing where the guys can gamble in the rolling roulette and get the chance to go all in with poker. After choosing a theme, you can now move on and think about the decorations which you can buy in a bucks party shop somewhere. Make sure to stick with the theme while remembering that it’s still a bucks party for the groom.
Bucks Party Games
Here are a few activity ideas for your bucks party!
● Casino / Poker Night – Celebrate the groom’s last bachelor moments by having a poker party or a casino night filled with gambling, sexy waitresses, poker games, rolling roulettes, etc.!
It’s a great way to bond with your mates and laugh off all the terrible decisions made during the night and have an unforgettable memory to look back to.
● Outdoor Activities – As recreation and lifestyle has become a trend, more and more outdoor activities have become available for the public to enjoy. As mentioned earlier, there’s outdoor karting which gives you the adrenaline and excitement as you drive fast on the track, paintballing, gun firing, hiking, camping, etc. Just keep in mind: safety first. Let’s try not to injure anyone before the wedding!
● Wet ‘n Wild – Bring on the togs & budgie smugglers and take the fun into the water! You could go to the beach or book a house with a pool and bring on the booze and games. There are endless choices of beach and pool activities, as well as bucks party drinking games to bring life to the party! Beach volleyball, pool chicken fights, chug sessions, truth or dare, fun challenges and a lot more.
● Rave All Night – Drink and rave all night with your friends and have the ultimate bachelor experience! Let the groom make the best out of the last moments of bachelorhood because it might be more challenging to go out clubbing and having a guys night out when you’re a married man. Cheers to cold drinks, loud beats, fun & dancing all night! Just brace yourself for a banging hangover the next day, yikes!
● Booze Cruise – Nothing beats lounging on the deck with a beer in your hand and surrounded by your friends in an important moment in your life. Not to mention the calming sound of the water and the cool breeze of the wind! If a cruise is too much for you, check out some yachts for rent and rent that one out instead. Plus points for a picturesque view!
5. DON’T post anything on social media.
DO cherish the moment and be physically and mentally present.
What happens at a bucks party, stays at the bucks party. Don’t document everything about the night and do not do things just for the sake of social media. Maybe a nice group shot before the crazy shenanigans happen would suffice. Putting the memories to heart and mind is what matters, so just remember to live in the moment.
Don’t forget to have fun, cherish the moments, and live in the now. One day, you all will look back at this moment and laugh until your stomachs ache as you relive the fooling around that happened that weekend before the wedding.
Now for the Bucks Party Ideas
• Create an invite list – This is probably going to be one of the most crucial things you have to do as the best man. It might sound trivial and can easily be pushed aside when planning the day’s events. It’s best to start making the list first, so you can make sure all the guys attending the wedding are invited, plus any other close friends, colleagues and associates that the groom wants at the bucks party are available. A list will also let you work out what kind of activities, facilities, services and entertainment you want, based on the number of people and based on the budget.
Also, let’s not forget that it’s not uncommon for the bride’s father and man mountain brothers to sometimes attend these things. So this is another reason (albeit for self-protection) why you need to speak with the buck directly and find out if this is the case and how it might affect or delay the start of the more saucy part of the night.
• Don’t hold it the night before the wedding – Make sure you leave plenty of time to recover from the bucks party. Two weeks prior is usually a good time frame, allowing people to sober up, shrug off any injuries and give the body hair the groom may lose a chance to grow back. Holding the bucks celebrations on the same day as the hens party is a good idea. That way both partners will be out enjoying themselves rather than worrying about the other person.
Unfortunately, this might make it tough for friends attending from interstate or overseas but enough warning gives everyone the chance to plan travel and take any time off work. The best part is: if one or two of the groom’s mates can’t make it before the wedding, it’s the perfect excuse to have a second bucks party!
• Collect any cash before the bucks party – You don’t want to spend the bucks night collecting money from guys and then being remembered as the best man who ruined the night because you lost your wallet in the taxi, thanks to a pile of $5 and $10 notes that made it impossible to close your wallet like you were George on Seinfeld. So make sure you give everyone your bank details and a cut off date to make payment.
• Pick and book your venue/s – It is always good to book a room for the main festivities, but if you decide to just hit the town and go to a few pubs or bars, it is worth calling them up in advance. Some places don’t like large groups of guys, so find venues that will happily accommodate you and avoid any potential queues. There’s nothing worse than everyone waiting half an hour and losing their buzz just to get in! If you need help with a venue, the team at Poker Deluxe can organising something no matter how big or small your budget… You can even hold your bucks on a poker boat cruise.
• Don’t run out of alcohol – Perhaps the most important thing on the bucks night is that you don’t run out of alcohol! No matter how good the activities are, if you have free flowing booze, everyone will lighten up and have a good time! As the best man, it’s your job to have at least a little stockpile of drinks that can be called upon if the night turns into a big one – or in the emergency that licensed venues have called last drinks.
• You can also try our friends at Liquid Infusion and have your drinks and cocktails completely catered for by professional bar staff in your home or private venue.
• Plan for food during the day and night – Nearly as important, especially if your party goes all day and into the night. Even ordering pizzas to one of the venues can make sure some alcohol is soaked up so people are re-energised and ready to make the night great.
• Look after the buck (kinda) – As the best man, it is your responsibility to make sure the buck gets home in one piece. So get him drunk, and make a fool of him, but don’t go overboard. If you can see he’s getting intoxicated quickly, sneak a few glasses of water into him, ensure he eats throughout the day and make sure he finishes the night with a dirty, greasy filled kebab.
• Finally, pick fun activities for the bucks party guests – last but not least is the selection of suitable activities. A poker night with waitresses and professional female dealers is the perfect way to either start your night or as part of an exciting day. At Poker Deluxe we offer a range of bucks party packages, with something to suit everyone’s taste.
We can even bring it all to you: the tables, chips, girls and more to create that casino buzz. Or we can help find the perfect venue for your bucks party. You can even have your bucks night in one of our associated strip clubs in Melbourne, Sydney or Adelaide, with free function room, topless dealers and sexy girls all around for the ultimate bucks party experience.
You can choose from tame to raunchy and anywhere in between; Poker Deluxe has it all, with a range of exciting and entertaining bucks night party packages that can be tailored to suit your needs. If you’re looking for other activities and tips for the big day, then here is a list of ideas from previous bucks parties we’ve held poker events for:
prizes – silly gifts for the guys as they arrive or get knocked out of the poker tournament
beer pong – a drinking contest
memorabilia – t-shirts, hats and stubby coolers with an embarrassing picture of the groom
boat cruise – why not combine it with a Poker Deluxe event and topless dealers/waitresses
day at the races – wear your best suit, have a drink, a punt, see the pretty fillies, then finish of with a poker tournament at one of our partnered strip clubs
racing – go-karting
play golf – get in 18 holes and use a golf cart
pimping pad – rent a house in the city or at the beach for a weekend away and we’ll come to you
bbq – lunch and pre-drinks at one of the groomsmen’s house
pub crawl – visit all the bars the groom frequented when he was single
eat meat – go to a top steak restaurant
paintball – shoot the groom and his mates in the $%^!
go to the footy – dress up and go to the footy or cricket before a night out and poker
cricket in the park – play your own one day cricket match with moustaches that would make Booney proud
road trip – pile in the van and hit the road for weekend away.
To find out more about holding a bucks party for your best mate, then contact one of the experienced staff at Poker Deluxe and you and your mates will have a night to remember.